Make yourself more available, more interesting, and better targeted to your customer's needs.
Online presence for your business
What it means for your company.
Easier for your customer to find you.
More trust - customers are less likely to trust companies without a website.
Provides material on products and services to clients.
Publish information on offers, successes, and services in real-time.
Let customers and partners share your business.
Read our white paper on Content Management Systems.
Some statistics on online presence.
In 2014, 6.7 million UK adults had never used the internet, 37% of elderly people had never used the internet.
Now - 47% of over 75 year olds in the UK uses the internet.
82% of people search for local businesses online - Bill Gates, Microsoft.
Marketers who undertakes blogging, will see 13x more return on investment.
Google Numbers - There are; 5 billion searches for restaurants a month, 1 billion searches for clothing shops.
More about us
Huge experience building website applications.
Strong skills in analysing and reporting business data.
Skills in developing tools to save you time.
Can build APIs to share data.
Can get data from APIs (Mashups) to incorporate into your online platform.
Email us to understand more about our website development abilities.
Alternatively, complete our contact form.
How we can help you
We have categorised our main areas of expertise. Each customer's requirement will be different. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any queries.
Imagine our website working for you
Give you a website like ours.
Recommendation on content.
Call to Action integration.
Discuss third-party costings for SEO, Pay Per Click, Plugins.
Custom design and pages.
Integrated contact forms.
Reporting and publications, keeping your customers notified.
Integrated newsletter and referral programs.
As experts in working with data, whether we build your website or not - we can help analyse data to understand your traffic.
Integrate data from different social media providers.
Set up our Email Management (Reporting) solution to help analyse traffic.
Build reporting databases (Data Warehouses) to work with your data.
Analyse website statistic logs to aid with reporting.
Work with your existing website development solutions provider to ensure your traffic can be analysed.
Design dashboards for visuals on performance across different online points.
More on our services
A summary of our services, why we don't offer SEO optimisation and more about our technology stack.
Info Rhino is uniquely placed, with cross-domain expertise, to help your business' online presence.
Create your initial website.
Build advanced functionality into your website - referral programs, galleries, newsletters, maps.
Integrate shopping carts, e-commerce.
Write applications to present information from different sources on your website.
Add publications to your website - to keep customer engagement up.
Work with other experts - designers, marketers, content specialists and website developers to deliver your solution.
We don't provide SEO capabilities. Our reasoning is it there is a significant number of promises made by many SEO consultants which cannot be upheld. Conversely, there are exceptional experts in SEO and we are not intending to compete with them. We will;
Discuss SEO with you and point you in the direction of what SEO is about and how it can help your website.
Set up auditing on site activity to review your SEO provider's contribution to growing your traffic.
Our websites are versatile, can be themed, and if you have specific design ideas, don't be afraid to get in touch. We are not website designers but work with web-designers when required. These are the current technologies we use for our website at the moment;
Twitter Bootstrap 4 layout design, allows for customisation of layouts and design.
Font-Awesome icons to add consistent content across the website.
Piranha CMS (content management system).
Email based login pages.
SQL Server Database.
Knockout.js and Vue.js.
Business which takes place over the internet is known as e-business. The idea we simply put a website online and set up Google Search Engine Optimisation is not enough for most businesses now.
The customer's journey, follows this path; Awareness > Interest > Purchase > Evangelist. Every link on a web page, every email, every telephone call tells you something about who is engaging with you. Without systems in place to monitor this, these small details get missed.
We can analyse website traffic and routes to tell you which parts of your website are working.
A/B Testing is a method used to redirect a subset of users to a different user experience. The goal is to understand what works in real time.
Your interactions with your customers may be across many different systems. We are experts at connecting data from different systems.
A/B Testing can be used to guage different social media presence and its success.
Please don't get caught out. Whether you use Info Rhino or not, don't skimp on expertise.
We talk frequently with small businesses their online presence. We have found there to be common patterns to what most decide to do;
Use a self-service/DIY website package to build their website rather than a professional company.
Outsource their website to overseas development companies, as it is perceived as cheaper.
Not engage experts we recommend, and try to do it themselves.
Engage expensive consultancies who aren't information and data experts.
We can help with E-Business strategies
Understand how Info Rhino's skills and abilities can drive your online business.
As experts in data analysis and technology, we can review your data points and;
Understand current activity.
Evaluate existing and future sales funnels. When do people buy, when do they visit your website?
Discuss backlink strategies, and consider where you may want to advertise.
Setup reporting systems and dashboards to help you monitor your progress.
We build dynamic websites to increase engagement, show updated reports on commercial activity, and use the right social media profile.
Currently, our websites;
Uses a Content Management System - Piranha CMS (.Net Core).
Permits custom component plugins (So we can develop more).
Features reports that are; tables, maps, and charts.
Use advanced data caching to increase performance of the website.
Use advanced security for member websites to avoid using passwords.
Social Media Engagement links.
Q & A on creating and enhancing your online presence
What is your opinion on Search Engine Optimisation and its benefits to growing your business?
SEO is a technique used to try and get your website enhanced on the search engine listings. Being conveniently listed higher up a search listing will see more footfall.
Most businesses are in highly competitive, non-niche based industries. We call this "Provider's paradox". For example, almost every technology company will be using a supplier's technology meaning they will never be higher ranked than the supplier.
Our opinion is, SEO is part of the solution. Many companies simply want a website for their clients to research their business. Relationships may already be established. High website traffic may not do many businesses much good.
What alternatives are there to SEO?
Online presence, is more than being on the first page of Bing.
Here are some recommendations;
- Feature on appropriate social media. This could be Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest - but be aware, the audiences are very niche. Look at where your competitors seem to get the most interaction.
- Question whether a separate website for a product line, or a blog could be a better way to create a presence - think sale funnels.
- Create affiliate or reciprocal links between partners and providers. We are working on this for our website as it offers site visitors more reasons to visit your website.
Do it yourself websites? Any good?
Can I get away with a simple DIY Website builder such as Wix, WordPress or SquareSpace?
Some companies can use DIY platforms, get their message across and gain customers because their value proposition is unique.
Our observations are;
- Non-professionals - it takes a lot longer to achieve the same quality. Indeed, it may not be possible.
- As a customer - it will still take a good deal of your time and effort to make the product a success.
- Companies offering to create you a perfect website without understanding your business, will take a lot longer to build your online presence.
- Using an independent supplier to create your online presence stops you being blind-sided by confirmation bias. That is - a second opinion helps.
Because of the types of websites we design - we haven't found DIY website builders to be a good fit for us, but we do think they can be a good starting point for many small specialist businesses.
So, would you advise building your own website?
We don't recommend it. Almost all website development companies will need to rebuild the website and incorporate it into their technology.
- You spend more time building a website on your own, because of a lack of expertise.
- Once certain elements become too complicated, you seek developers who may not be able to enhance your existing website.
- It is unlikely DIY builders will have the expertise or time to analyse traffic and numbers relating to online activity.
A very overlooked facet of DIY websites is they still have a learning curve. Even drag and drop website builders still take time to learn and become proficient in.
Outsourcing overseas versus at home? When does it work? When is outsourcing a bad idea?
When outsourcing overseas is a good thing to do
- If you are targeting a foreign market, or looking for local knowledge.
- If you are commissioning a specific component or piece of functionality which isn't regional.
- When you are controlling the project technically and can allocate smaller pieces of work.
- When you have built up good trust with the technology provider.
- If your provider has good experience or knowledge of your local market.
When outsourcing overseas is a bad thing to do
- If you are creating a solution requiring regional or national knowledge.
- When you need to communicate in the same timezone.
- If there is a strong requirement for your language. Even English versus American English can make an impact.
- If you need to meet with your supplier to keep the project on-track.
- Just because you think it will be cheaper.
Are there any gotchas to consider when outsourcing website development?
Unfortunately, we talk to companies who commissioned a website and are bitterly disappointed. Moreover, these suppliers could have done so many things so much better.
Here are core things to consider, when outsourcing;
- Consider both a minimal version and an optimum version - ideal versus affordable.
- Understand if it would be possible for future functionality to be added to the solution.
- A website will never be perfect, it will never work on every device and will always have some compromises.
- A website can never appeal to everybody.
- Try not to over obsess about how a website looks - this can be improved later.
- Be careful about listening to opinion, try to look at evidence and facts.